Monday, May 01, 2006

Scar Healing after 5 Months


5 months on, here is a close up of how my scars have healed. Pretty tidy! They've started to fade now from a brighter red to a pink colour. They don't seem to be raised either, apart from a small portion in the crease (at the outside/armpit edge) where my stretch marks from pre-op are a bit bumpy. The vertical scar was never raised and is mostly barely visable (I had just had a shower before taking this photo and the hot water brought out the colour). The areola scars have flattened out a lot in the last month too, now a lot smoother.

4 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I have to say is, Thank you...

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger Author said...

absolutely amazing! I am preparing to go from a G to a DD and this blog was amazing at helping me know what to expect! I plan to share this with my hubby and daughter, so they understand what I will go through! Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

 
At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just can't believe what a great shape your surgeon managaed to achieve! So many reduction surgeries don't come out that great but you really lucked out!!!!

 
At 3:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm not from New Zealand, but I am thinking of getting a BR. Currently I'm anywhere from a 36E to a 34F. It seems like every year since I was 12 my breasts have grown a size and exercising just doesn't do it. I get smaller, and they stay the same or even grow.... :/
I am VERY worried about the scarring, I had thought about waiting till after I have my first child, as I am only 18 but it seems like now would be a good time as ever....Thanks so much for your blog, it really put some fears to rest and gave alot of information.
Hope all is well with you and 'yourgirls' :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home